[Xastir] D72 external GPS pass-through to Xastir

Harry Bloomberg hbloomb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:15:12 EST 2011

I've confirmed from a very highly reliable source, that when the TH-D72 is
in packet mode, you can't obtain the GPS position.  And of course, when the
TH-D72 is in APRS mode, you get the position data, but you can't key the
transmitter.  So I believe you're on the right track, the only solution that
works for me is to buy a cheap USB GPS receiver.  But this just seems so
unnecessary with a perfectly good GPS receiver in the TH-D72.

73,
Harry Bloomberg W3YJ
hbloomb at gmail.com