[Xastir] install question

Rob Neece kk4r at cox.net
Sat Jan 1 23:14:25 EST 2011

I just changed my MEPIS installation to 8.5 from 8.0 and kept my /home
partition.  This hasn't worked out too badly, and things are getting
straightened out.  I finally got around to considering what to do about
xastir today.

Version 1.9.9 was installed under the previous OS, so I still have the
.xastir directory structure in my home directory associated with that.
Question 1 is can I keep .xastir and just proceed to install?  Assuming
that will work, should I install 1.9.9 or just go for the latest version
on CVS?

Thanks for your help.
Rob