[Xastir] install question

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 23:27:06 EST 2011

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011, Rob Neece wrote:

> Version 1.9.9 was installed under the previous OS, so I still have the
> .xastir directory structure in my home directory associated with that.
> Question 1 is can I keep .xastir and just proceed to install?

Yes.  Assuming that you're not going to change the install location
of the Xastir executables from what you had before.  If you
installed from a packaged binary before, the package maintainers
might have decided to change the install directory on you.

> Assuming that
> will work, should I install 1.9.9 or just go for the latest version on CVS?

You'd be best served by downloading the 2.0.0 release from
Sourceforge and compiling that, or building from the latest CVS
which will give you 2.0.1.  We were in the middle of OpenStreetMaps
integration during the 1.9.9 timeframe, so by snagging 2.0.0 or
later you'll have all the bug-fixes and efficiencies that the latest
code gives you for OpenStreetMaps.