[Xastir] Ubuntu-cvsbuild script updated for 10.10

Peter Gamache/KC0TFB peter+aprs at duonet.net
Sun Jan 2 13:45:50 EST 2011

I know this isn't exactly running right on the heels of the 10.10 release,
but I've updated http://misc.luno.org/ubuntu-xastir-cvsbuild.sh to work
with Ubuntu, (or whatever 'buntu flavor you prefer, Ku-, Xu-, Edu-, etc)
10.10 release.

I'll update the wiki in a few days, after a few folks have used the script
without complaint.  I'd rather have the mailing list crew "break in" any
new changes. ;)

Briefly, the script makes sure your CVS environment is sane, installs
build-essentials and required libraries (via apt-get) for building Xastir,
adds the Ubuntu GIS repo and obtains some files from it, slurps the latest
HEAD from CVS, then attempts to build it.  If the build is successful, it
attempts a "make install".

Please peruse the script and make sure you understand what's happening
before you run it.  If it breaks anything, you own both pieces.  There's
no warranty, it's released under GPL v3. If it doesn't work for you,
however, I welcome feedback. My goal is (starting with 10.04) to keep this
script updated for each new version of Ubuntu that is released.

I use this script personally to build several loaner laptops for the rest
stop safety volunteers to use during Minnesota's Multiple Sclerosis
Society bike tours.  We track support vans, incident response vehicles and
pass APRS text messages between stations to keep our voice repeaters clear
of non-priority traffic.  If you're interested in learning more or joining
our team of over 50 ham volunteers, see us at http://www.ms-scram.org

Regards,
- Peter / KC0TFB