[Xastir] Ubuntu-cvsbuild script updated for 10.10

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:52:55 EST 2011

The script doesn't look like it deletes any packages, only updates. Perhaps
some dependancies for your broken programs were updated, and updating those
programs will fix it. I would have thought the package manager would of
handled that.

Really, four years?
- Jason

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 6:52 PM, David A Aitcheson <david.aitcheson at gmail.com
> wrote:

> ONE HUGE PROBLEM...
>
> This script removes WITHOUT WARNING a bunch of things that BROKE a HUGE
> bunch or other programs for me.
>
> Thanks for setting me back four (4) years.
>

> On 01/03/2011 02:51 PM, Peter Gamache/KC0TFB wrote:
> > Good catch!  I've fixed that.
> >
> > Prior to yesterday's release, I tried the script on two different
> systems:
> > one virgin install of 10.10 and another that was upgraded from 10.04 to
> > 10.10 (without having run the script prior to the upgrade).  It seemed
> > fine on both systems anyway, but it seems more common-sensical to do it
> > with the proper release name, as lucid and maverick may diverge on the
> GIS
> > repo in the future.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -PG / KC0TFB
> >
> > Tom Russo wrote:
> >> One quick comment:  Your script adds the PPA for UbuntuGIS, which is a
> >> good
> >> thing, but always seems to add the "lucid" version to the apt sources
> >> list,
> >> even if it's detected Maverick.

> --
> David A Aitcheson
> david.aitcheson at gmail.com
> david.aitcheson on google and skype

I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution.  --
Wernher von Braun