[Xastir] Ubuntu-cvsbuild script updated for 10.10

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jan 3 21:00:54 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 07:52:34PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <david.aitcheson at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> ONE HUGE PROBLEM...
>
> This script removes WITHOUT WARNING a bunch of things that BROKE a HUGE
> bunch or other programs for me.
>
> Thanks for setting me back four (4) years.

Peter *did* warn users:

  Please peruse the script and make sure you understand what's happening
  before you run it.  If it breaks anything, you own both pieces.  There's
  no warranty, it's released under GPL v3.

I agree with Jason --- the script looks like it simply does apt-get installs,
no removes, and it's puzzling how it could have broken a normal system.  Those
apt-get installs are in fact exactly those recommended by the various Ubuntu
wikis.  Did apt-get in fact remove packages, or did the installed packages
overwrite some non-standard install you have?  As I recall you were using some
very old packages for school that interfered with a normal build --- Peter's
script couldn't possibly predict that.