[Xastir] Xastir on Mac . . . download, unzip, store maps

Peter Gamache peter+aprs at duonet.net
Thu Jan 6 11:52:03 EST 2011

You need bunzip2, as .bz2 is a different compression scheme.  According to a
quick google search ("bunzip2 macos x"), it seems like it may be included in
the standard installation of MacOS.  At a terminal window, you'll have to
decompress the archive with "bunzip2 wisconsin.osm.bz2", which will strip
the .bz2 extension and leave you a larger (and perhaps useful) file.

FMI:
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#DOCUMENTATION/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/bunzip2.1.html

Regards,
-PG