[Xastir] TH-D2A xastir com port issue

Michael M. Moore mmmooretx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:59:13 EST 2011

I have xastir 2.01 installed and it comes up.   However when I try to
connect xastir to the 2A xastir locks up.  I am assuming that the ttyusb is
the correct port so I am not sure if I have a xastir config set up (tried
the TH-D7A scripts, unmodified, with no joy) or if I have an Ubuntu 10.10
com port driver issue.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Once that is working I will want to do a second set up so I can use my
Ubuntu netbook running xastir to display the maps while connected to my
TM-710A via the control head, using an FTDI usb/rs232 converter.

Ideally I would select the unit I am connected to, auto start is off, from
the interface pull down in xastir and it connects/runs.

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.