[Xastir] TH-D2A xastir com port issue

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Sat Jan 8 13:25:03 EST 2011

Hi...   this is a little fix that I needed to apply to Debian sid,

 $ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/50-ttyUSB.rules # ID 0557:2008 ATEN International Co., Ltd UC-232A Serial Port [pl2303] KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0x0557", ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x2008", MODE="0777", NAME="ttyUSB0"

So get the ID from the usb device by typing lsusb and you will get the device/vendor, then modify the text above and place the file into the directory quoted above, then restart udev plug in the serial adapter and give it a go. Should you still have trouble check to see if you are listed in the dialout group...

I hope that this helps you get the problem sorted ;-)

--
Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity.