[Xastir] TH-D2A xastir com port issue

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 18:49:16 EST 2011

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011, Scott Evans wrote:

> So get the ID from the usb device by typing lsusb and you will get the device/vendor, then modify the text above and place the file into the directory quoted above, then restart udev plug in the serial adapter and give it a go. Should you still have trouble check to see if you are listed in the dialout group...

Common problems with serial ports on Linux/Unix ("Unix" includes Mac OSX) with Xastir include:

*) Specifying the wrong device or device path in Xastir's interface dialog.
*) Wrong serial port settings in Xastir's interface dialog.
*) Incorrect ownership, group ownership, or permission for the device
*) Group membership for the user doesn't match group for the device
*) Wrong startup/shutdown scripts for Xastir's interface, for devices that need setup commands.
*) Probably other things I can't think of right now...