[Xastir] TH-D2A xastir com port issue

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 8 19:56:07 EST 2011

On my Slackware setup I didn't have any troubles but have
to "watch my ports".  I don't plug anything in until I login
and the first device, the USB GPS, is /dev/ttyUSB0 and the second is the D72A on /dev/ttyUSB1.  If I run Xastir without the GPS, I have to change the port in the device setup to /dev/ttyUSB0. One just has to keep track of where the ports are.

I find the script for the D7 works for the D72 but was wondering if
anyone is considering a different one as I guess there were some
limitations with it?

One of these days I'm going to try plugging in my TNC-X with a generic H/T, D72 or D7A(g) and two USB GPS receivers and try running Xastir in one window and aprsis32 in another with WINE. Already have full success with aprsis32 running in one window while connected to the internet and had the D72 working with Xastir.  Next step is to have both running under Rf. :-)  What use is it?
Well, I like to track amateur rockets and if there was an occasion
where there were two flights going at once with one on 2m and the other on 70cm, I could track both on the same program or have one in Astir and one in aprsis32.  I've already tracked two different
frequencies on the same instance of Xastir.  Both 2m and 70cm trackers where successfully tracked on the same Xastir map.

                                Kurt KC9LDH