[Xastir] New User

Hank Lambert hank at hanklambert.com
Mon Jan 10 10:38:08 EST 2011

I am a new user to Xastir. I just installed Linux Mint 10 and installed
Xastir via Synaptic. I got it up and running in less than 5 minutes using an
Internet Server. It seems to be working great, and I see my position on
aprs.fi. My question regards maps. I also have APRSISCE32 running on a
Windows machine, and I love the look of the maps. On Xastir, all of my maps
are line drawings. I have tried to download some online maps on
/Online/teraserver.geo and /Online/USRadar.geo as well as others. All of the
maps are either line drawings or no maps at all. When I resize the view, I
can see the connection to the server in the lower left corner. I'm sure that
it is a package or something that I am missing, but I have no idea what it
is. I want to set this up at Orlando Hamcation at our Linux Booth.

Thanks in advance!

73,

Hank Lambert

KB4MTO/TA5ZC