[Xastir] TNC-X oddity

Javier Henderson javier at cisco.com
Mon Jan 10 15:15:11 EST 2011

On Jan 10, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Javier Henderson wrote:
>
>> As I said, the com port settings on the TNC-X were set to 1200 baud at first.
>
> If I understand you, you're concerned that it didn't work between Xastir and the TNC at 1200, and would like it explained.  I would too if I were in your shoes.

Exactly.

>> I've been in contact with John  Hansen (TNC-X designer) and he's aware of the same problem with AGWPE, so it doesn't appear to be unique to Xastir or the device drivers for OS X.
>
> So it could be a firmware or hardware problem, or it could be a one-time event and if you were to go back to 1200 baud might not resurface.

It is not a one-time event, because going back to 1200 baud still shows the problem with Xastir and AGWPE.

I have to admit, at this point the interest is rather academic on my part since I got it working, the main purpose of me starting this thread is so that it's documented at least on the list archives, though mention on the release notes or other docs might be a good idea.

Come to think of it, I will go and add this to the wiki.

And also come to think of it, I have not tested the TNC-X's built-in serial port. I will see if I can do that next.

73,
-jav w6vms