[Xastir] No install

Murry B murraybr at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Jan 16 22:27:34 EST 2011

I made the original post and didn't put some info in my last one.
My apologies.
I had a bit of a flash in memory about  su  so I searched the forum and
found it.
In PCLinuxOS you will find that  su  issues an alias. I don't remember
the file I had to modify, you guys will have a better idea of that.
Working from an old memory here, but su issues  su- and it took me to
the root directory. Once I changed that item in whatever file it is, I
was OK.
Now when I  su  I stay at the same place but get root access.
Hope someone can make sense of this.

VE9MB