[Xastir] No install

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sun Jan 16 20:31:18 EST 2011

On Jan 16, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Murry B wrote:

> I made the original post and didn't put some info in my last one.
> My apologies.
> I had a bit of a flash in memory about  su  so I searched the forum and found it.
> In PCLinuxOS you will find that  su  issues an alias. I don't remember the file I had to modify, you guys will have a better idea of that. Working from an old memory here, but su issues  su- and it took me to the root directory. Once I changed that item in whatever file it is, I was OK.
> Now when I  su  I stay at the same place but get root access.
> Hope someone can make sense of this.

From the su(1) manual page:

     -l      Simulate a full login.  The environment is discarded except for
             HOME, SHELL, PATH, TERM, and USER.  HOME and SHELL are modified
             as above.  USER is set to the target login.  PATH is set to
             ``/bin:/usr/bin''.  TERM is imported from your current environ-
             ment.  The invoked shell is the target login's, and su will
             change directory to the target login's home directory.

     -       (no letter) The same as -l.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems