[Xastir] Wx Alerts

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jan 17 22:15:22 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:10:13PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ldeffenb at homeside.to> flavor, containing:
> It just expired at 03:00 zulu and disappeared from my screen as well.
> However, you can still see it at aprs.fi
> http://aprs.fi/?call=a%2FMSOFFWKYA but it doesn't show the lines...

But you can snag the raw data from aprs.fi and paste it into an xastir input
stream...  that's how I looked at it.  But findu.com deletes the object when
the killed-object packet shows up, so it's not available there anymore.

At any rate, here's the raw packet:

MSOFFW>APRS,qAO,AE5PL-WX:;MSOFFWKYA*180300z4823.10NF11533.90Ww FLASH_FLOOD }j0INHJNPTRNNH{HKYAA

> Curt, WE7U wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know if this will come through, but is this what the
> >> MSOFFWKYA flood warning should look like?
> >
> > I see the image, but where in the country is it?  MS?  I assume that's
> > an active alert 'cuz I didn't find it in the two files I sent you.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."