[Xastir] Wx Alerts

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 02:00:39 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Javier Henderson wrote:
>
>>> Which is why we need redundancy.  Particularly for something like this
>>> where lives or property are potentially at stake.
>>
>> Where do I read more about this? I have a number of servers at well
>> connected datacenters with reliable power, that I use to run several APRS-IS
>> servers and other projects, I'd love to help with this.
>
> It sounds like yourself, Gerry, Alex, and I are all interested in doing
> something about this.  Perhaps Tom and Lynn as well.  We happen to have
> flood alerts happening in my county right now.
>
> Sounds like it's time for a very short-term project to get this done and out
> of the way.  I have a few free hours for a week or two, like Gerry.  After
> that I'll be booked solid for a while too.

Back a few years ago I was snooping to see if we could get Canadian
weather alerts added into the mix. I kind of ran into a roadblock for
that back then. The best I got was to have the local severe weather
meteorologist in the area set up a forwarding rule in Outlook to send
the weather alert email messages he got to me.

I wouldn't mind getting a little drink from the deep end to see if I
can find a source in Canada again. A little background and sample data
from the USA to show the locals might help.

James
VE6SRV