[Xastir] Wx Alerts

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:20:41 EST 2011

Comments below
On 18 Jan 2011, at 07:00, James Ewen wrote:

>>> Where do I read more about this? I have a number of servers at well
>>> connected datacenters with reliable power, that I use to run several APRS-IS
>>> servers and other projects, I'd love to help with this.
>>
>> It sounds like yourself, Gerry, Alex, and I are all interested in doing
>> something about this.  Perhaps Tom and Lynn as well.  We happen to have
>> flood alerts happening in my county right now.
>>
>> Sounds like it's time for a very short-term project to get this done and out
>> of the way.  I have a few free hours for a week or two, like Gerry.  After
>> that I'll be booked solid for a while too.
>
> Back a few years ago I was snooping to see if we could get Canadian
> weather alerts added into the mix. I kind of ran into a roadblock for
> that back then. The best I got was to have the local severe weather
> meteorologist in the area set up a forwarding rule in Outlook to send
> the weather alert email messages he got to me.
>
> I wouldn't mind getting a little drink from the deep end to see if I
> can find a source in Canada again. A little background and sample data
> from the USA to show the locals might help.

Speaking of drinking from the deep end.  Does anyone know anyone in the European Flood Alerts System?
http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/efas-flood-forecasts

They were for more 'informed' in November 2009 when there was pretty serious flooding in Ireland than the Irish Authorities were.

Regards
John
EI7IG