[Xastir] Heads up - Xastir CVS is probably down

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 12:57:38 EST 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, KA7O wrote:

> Looks like it'll soon be time to learn a new CMS

Won't be much to learn.  The big differences:

*) Change "cvs" to "svn" for commands.

*) Revisioning is for the entire tree instead of each file.  Just one revision number represents the state of all directories and files.  SVN keeps track of directory changes as well as file changes.  CVS only kept track of files.

*) Deleting a file from the tree and then recovering it later by checking out an older revision works well.  CVS has several problems in that area.

*) Checking in/out and tagging works pretty much as it did with CVS.

I'm a manager of both CVS and SVN repositories.  SVN is much better.