[Xastir] xastir message via Internet

Eric egrumling at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 12:16:15 EDT 2011

I've been having problems with Xastir sending messages from the Internet
servers to the RF network. I have a passcode, and when I check the
aprs-is servers (I'm using rotate.aprs.net:14580) the server I'm on
shows my verified status. I have transmitting enabled, I have Igate
options set to "allow RF-Inet and Inet-RF traffic." Am I missing
anything?

I am able to send messages from my TH-d72 through RF to my xastir
station. From what I've read all I should need to do is make the path
from xastir to RF TCPIP* and things should work. When I do this I see

TX -> K0JEG>APX200,TCPIP*::K0JEG-2  :TEST MESSAGE

I have tried other paths such as nothing, which only shows APX200, which
I'm assuming is the AX25 network stack? I've also tried specifying a
full path similar to TCPIP*,WIDE2-2,OLYS (nearby digi) and other
variants without luck.

It is my understanding that Internet gateways should normally pass
messages from verified users. Could it be as simple as any local gateway
owner doesn't allow Internet traffic to pass to RF? Is that SOP?

Any ideas?