[Xastir] Config file for TM-D710A config script?

David A. Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Sun Jul 3 16:32:56 EDT 2011

Hello Jarett,
> Okay, I must be really confused, then.  I have my TM-D710 connected via
> serial-USB cable to my computer.  This is "serial TNC," not KISS, isn't it?

Other helpful Xastir people have posted Xastir specific setup scripts
for the D710.  I personally have a GreenLight Labs GPS receiver here
that I'll try out with those scripts to confirm that they are 100%.  One
major benefit with this Xastir TNC command-mode approach is that you
should be able to poll the D710 for GPS coordinates.  I don't think this
is possible in KISS mode.  On the flip side, the benefit of the KISS
setup approach is that the Linux kernel can be the AX.25 interface so
that other applications beyond just Xastir can communicate with the
TNC.  One can question the value of running KISS while on a APRS
frequency but you can use the "monitor", "mheard", and other cool tools
that comes with the ax25-tools suite.

--David