[Xastir] ax25 question

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:52:37 EDT 2011

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Lee Bengston wrote:

> aprs	K5DAT-10	9600	255	2	APRS

> # /usr/sbin/kissattach /dev/ttyUSB0 aprs 44.24.250.249
> # /usr/sbin/kissparms  -p aprs  -t 500  -s 200    -r 32       -l 100  -f n
>
> But I got the following response:
>
> 'axconfig:port aprs not active'
> 'kissparms: no AX.25 ports configured'

Everything looks nearly identical to what I have, except I've changed the 255 to a 256 in the first line.  That won't make a difference.

Do you have the proper kernel modules available?  I've been playing with YAM modems a while back so there's at least one module you don't need here, but my lsmod looks like this:

     > lsmod | grep mkiss
     mkiss                  10272  1
     ax25                   67422  4 yam,mkiss
     crc16                   1715  2 mkiss,ext4

Make sure you have the ax25/mkiss/crc16 modules available and they got loaded into your kernel.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer