[Xastir] Config file for TM-D710A config script?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:10:12 EDT 2011

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:

> Why on purpose?

Unix philosophy of not re-inventing the wheel...  If a tool exists that fulfills the purpose, use it.

Digi_NED is the best digipeater code I've come across.  There's no reason to add intelligent digipeating to Xastir when such a tool is already available.  We'd be forever lagging behind Digi_NED's capabilities, plus introducing more code which we'd have to maintain, and of course more bugs.  Xastir is already one big monolithic program, which kind of goes against the Unix philosophy of stringing small special-purpose tools together.  No reason to bloat it even more.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html