[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 68, Issue 14

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:01:12 EDT 2011

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:

> What's the best distro from this sort of thing?  Arch?

I'm the wrong one to answer this as I tend to run a minimalist system, rejecting Gnome and KDE window managers in favor of FVWM2, and in fact paring even it down so that only the FVWM Pager shows on my screen.  I've done a receive-only soundmodem setup on Slackware and OpenSuSE and made it work, but haven't done the transmit stuff.  I have a USB SignaLink device hooked to my HF radio but haven't rigged up a cable between it and any of my VHF/UHF equipment yet so haven't tried soundmodem there.  I'm using a TNC-X for my igate on 2-meters.

See what others have to say regarding successful soundmodem/mixer setups.  Maybe you'll find some consensus.

Comments from others?

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
Babysitting your tracker:  http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator