[Xastir] ax25 question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:13:50 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Steve Rogers <kd5mkv at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have removed aprsd and have started ax25.up before starting xastir. And the device remains down. I use ax25.down and reboot before the xastir device port will work again. Stev kd5mkv

OK, so after re-booting, the xastir device port works.  Did you put a
script similar to your ax25.up in /etc/init.d/ as shown in the wiki?
If yes, then you are done - no need to run ax25.up manually before
starting xastir.  The script in etc/init.d is designed to
automatically set up the ax25 interface instead of using ax25.up.

If you do not have a start-up script in /etc/init.d, I suspect your
xastir device port is not ax25 given it appears to be working without
the ax25 interface being set up.

My ax25 interface in Xastir looks like this in the interface control box:

Device  1     UP     AX25 TNC aprs

Regards,
Lee