[Xastir] ax25 question

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:35:35 EDT 2011

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Lee Bengston wrote:

> Fyi, the auto-start script in /etc/init.d/ that's part of the new
> HowTo is working fine for me.  The prolific usb to serial adapter has
> quit on me a couple of times - just like someone else had reported on
> the list.  I added a re-boot (in the middle of the night) once per
> week in cron - hopefully that will take care of it.  With the ax25
> startup script, re-boots are no problem.

That's too much of a Windows-like solution for me.  ;-)

     > uptime
     12:33pm  up 321 days  2:54,  60 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.13, 0.07

That's my heavy S/W development box.

It it were me, I'd look for a solution that only restarted the serial ports, perhaps only if they were detected to be non-working.  Leave the rest of the system running.

Then again, there's a lot to be said for "If it works, don't muck with it"...

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_device_capabilities.html