[Xastir] ax25 question

Dana Borgman ka1wpm at arrl.net
Fri Jul 29 08:43:33 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 17:36 -0500, Steve Rogers wrote:
> Changing to dev/ttyS0 did the trick had to go thru pile of tnc's, But the port is shared, axlisten revealed 100% of the traffic. One more question...what is this:
> Opening serial port device /dev/ttyS0
>  Error: Could not set input serial port attrbutes
> Error in setting up COM port rc=-1
> >From aprsd, I have setup the conf. files. Steve kd5mkv

I'm going to take a stab at the error, though I haven't seen the code.
After opening a serial port, you can store the current attributes of the
port and set new ones.  I would gather that something in the new
attributes was not agreeable to the device driver.  The call to set the
attributes failed and returned a -1.  That's probably where the rc=-1
came from.

System calls return -1 when they fail, but that doesn't really tell you
much about the failure itself.  The errno variable likely tells you more
detail about the failure itself.  Applications frequently don't care why
a call failed -- they just see a failure status and move on to plan B.

That's the trivia for today.  Dana, KA1WPM