[Xastir] ax25 question

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:44:11 EDT 2011

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011, Steve Rogers wrote:

> Changing to dev/ttyS0 did the trick had to go thru pile of tnc's, But the port is shared, axlisten revealed 100% of the traffic. One more question...what is this:
> Opening serial port device /dev/ttyS0
> Error: Could not set input serial port attrbutes
> Error in setting up COM port rc=-1
>> From aprsd, I have setup the conf. files. Steve kd5mkv

Sounds like you're trying to have aprsd directly use the port, but the Linux kernel AX.25 driver already has control of it.  Once you start using AX.25 ports, everything needs to use the same method.  That's the only way port-sharing is going to work for you.

You'll need an aprsd version that has been tweaked to be able to use the AX.25 port instead of directly taking over the COM port itself.  I seem to remember there were one or two flavors of it out there which could do that, but you may have to compile it from sources to do it.  The compiled packages in various Linux repositories are probably done from the SourceForge stable release of aprsd, and I'm not sure it has it.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/