[Xastir] ax25 question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 23:17:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> You'll need an aprsd version that has been tweaked to be able to use the
> AX.25 port instead of directly taking over the COM port itself.  I seem to
> remember there were one or two flavors of it out there which could do that,
> but you may have to compile it from sources to do it.  The compiled packages
> in various Linux repositories are probably done from the SourceForge stable
> release of aprsd, and I'm not sure it has it.

A little digging around shows that it may be as simple as this:

   "Set your tncport to the name of the port from /etc/ax25/axports"

I'm thinking it was set to /dev/ttyS0 instead.  I'm not an aprsd user,
though, so I can't confirm.  I have been able to get Xastir to share a
TNC with either aprsg or aprx, but I haven't tried aprsd.

Lee - K5DAT