[Xastir] Outputting "mobile station" locally

WE0Z bbailey21 at att.net
Thu Jun 16 07:06:00 EDT 2011

I used APRS+SA until Brent decided to no longer support it. One of the
useful features in was the ability to set set a callsign in "Lists" and
no matter where this station would be it would,if connected to the
Internet and running in server mode, transmit out of my RF locally
without regard to what they distance filter was set to. And in "History"
I could find him instantly if he had been seen by an I-gate station
where he was located near at the time.

I have not been able to figure this out in Xastir. I must set in the
Internet settings a filter of at least 2500 miles in order to locate him
causing my computer to listen to the tier2 servers for evrything in this
2500 radius. How can I accomplish this with distance setting smaller say
100 miles?

Bob WE0Z
Kansas City