[Xastir] Decent Linux Tablet for Xastir Use? (Question)

Jarett DeAngelis jdeangelis at alumni.nd.edu
Mon Jun 20 12:03:36 EDT 2011

You might look at the APRSDroid project.  I think eventually he wants to
have it be able to talk to Bluetooth TNCs.  Only problem: it's written in
Scala.  O_o

On Jun 20, 2011 11:59 AM, "Curt, WE7U" <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:
>
>> I would be shocked and highly pleased if you found a way to get Xastir
>> running on an Android tablet.
>
> Xastir or a new version based off it's functionality, running on _some_
tablet is one of my long-term goals. Whether it will require a particular OS
is anyone's guess. I'd rather use a cross-platform development model that
would work on the main popular OS'es out there.

> Also: I believe somebody put Ubuntu on one of these already... Not all
that functional as a touch-based system probably, but with a keyboard and
mouse it's probably quite useable.