[Xastir] Weather Polygons

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 07:07:17 EDT 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> (Resending with links to the images)
>
> Pete's alerts DO make it from APRS-IS through firenet.us to clients.
> APRSISCE/32 generates the following filter pieces to ensure proper reception
> of all of the weather alerts (Pete's, Curt's, and Australia):
>
> t/n e/AE5PL-WX/WE7U-WX/WXSVR-AU
>
> Alternatively, if you only want the alerts for selected CWAs (), you can put
> them into a prefix (p/) filter like:
>
> p/CTP/JAX/KEY/MFL/MLB/MOB/OUN/PBZ/TAE/TBW/TSA
>
> That one gets stuff around Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, and Florida and covers
> both feeds because they share the CWA as the prefix for the alert packets.

> PS.  As a matter of convenience, there's actually an active coordinate alert
> right now in RNK (Roanoke, VA).  Here's how APRSISCE/32 displays it along
> with the popup information:
>
> http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/RNKSVRAOA.png
>

> Here's what it looks like with the shapefile alert around the lat/lon alert:
>
> http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/RNKSVRAOA-2.png

Thanks for posting all that good info Lynn...  Your memory is obviously much better than mine 'cuz you can keep all this info straight!  Thanks for that and previous messages clarifying the details.

Figured I'd post a note in this thread too:  We have a problem with the WXSVR at the moment.  The box it runs on appears to be having a SATA driver issue.  My Firenet scripts are still running ok, but the WXSVR script puts too much of a disk load on the server, causing the site to go down.  I've disabled it at the moment until the problem gets resolved.  I'll try to get it running on a couple of alternate sites as soon as I can (probably after Field Day).  It's possible I might find some free time during Field Day to work on it, but don't count on it.  We'll probably be understaffed this year so I expect to be on the key/mike a lot.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
Additional pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u