[Xastir] Weather Polygons

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 04:51:52 EDT 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Christian Reynolds wrote:

> Thank you for the note.  I added the Firenet.us as mentioned, and have ran it for a few hours now.  It did not catch / display the recently issued PDS Tor Watch for Kansas (Tor 523).

I believe that's one of the types of messages that gets turned into the severe weather polygons.  By Pete.  I'd have to look at the particular message to be sure, but if it doesn't have a certain set of machine-parsable info inside it, my script ignores it.  Some of the messages have only the polygons in them, and I seem to remember the tornado messages were in that category.

So...  If you want both types of weather alerts right now you'd have to connect to both firenet.us (to get mine) and aprs-is (to get Pete's).  Sorry about that, but at least there's a work-around.  Lynn probably knows off the top of his head, but Pete's alerts must not get propagated across from APRS-IS to Firenet?  I seem to remember that some of my initial alerts bled over to APRS-IS, but I think that was someone gating from local RF here to APRS-IS, not an actual gating from Firenet to APRS-IS.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
Additional pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u