[Xastir] Weather Polygons

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Jun 21 07:08:15 EDT 2011

Pete's alerts DO make it from APRS-IS through firenet.us to clients.
APRSISCE/32 generates the following filter pieces to ensure proper
reception of all of the weather alerts (Pete's, Curt's, and Australia):

  t/n e/AE5PL-WX/WE7U-WX/WXSVR-AU

Alternatively, if you only want the alerts for selected CWAs (), you can
put them into a prefix (p/) filter like:

p/CTP/JAX/KEY/MFL/MLB/MOB/OUN/PBZ/TAE/TBW/TSA

That one gets stuff around Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, and Florida and
covers both feeds because they share the CWA as the prefix for the alert
packets.

PS.  As a matter of convenience, there's actually an active coordinate
alert right now in RNK (Roanoke, VA).  Here's how APRSISCE/32 displays
it along with the popup information:

Here's what it looks like with the shapefile alert around the lat/lon alert: