[Xastir] Xastir Message ID Question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jun 24 11:07:06 EDT 2011

Read up on Reply-Acks at http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/replyacks.txt

It'll explain the additional usage of the message "number".  But the
answer to your direct question is "yes".  Whatever up-to-5 characters
you see after the { are what the sender of the message is expecting to
receive back in the ack message.  If you're reply-ack aware, the answer
is much more complex.