[Xastir] Xastir Message ID Question

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:12:13 EDT 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, John Gorkos wrote:

>  Can you please help me out with Xastir messaging?
>
> I'm doing some new work on AVRS, and using xastir as my message source for
> testing.  The simplest function AVRS will do is tell you the closest echolink
> and IRLP nodes, when queried with a "?".  Message traffic looks like this:
> AB0OO>APX194,TCPIP*,qAC,FOURTH::AVRS     :?{0h}0
>
> A few things to note here:
> 1) This is a fresh compiled-this-morning Xastir 2.0.0 (not APX194, but I would
> think APX200)
> 2) I'm completely lost with what you guys are doing with the message number.
> Going back to the spec, the message format is:

Which spec?  APRS spec?  Addendum 1?  Addendum 2?

Check out the spec and addendum links here:

http://info.aprs.net/index.php/Protocol

Specifically look at the Replay-ACK's algorithm in addendum 1.1.  Other messaging tweaks may apply as well.  Been a while since I looked at that stuff.

Field Day is upon us...  Not sure I'll have time to answer much more over the next few days, but others might.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.us, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"