[Xastir] Mission: Impossible? Yaesu VX-2, soundmodem and Xastir

Jarett DeAngelis jdeangelis at alumni.nd.edu
Thu Jun 30 09:10:52 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

So, I have been planning to take a trip from South Bend IN to the upper
peninsula of MI.  I have a Wouxun KG-UVD1P that I was planning to work
packet with while I was up there, across Lake Superior to Canada.  It was a
foolproof plan, or so I thought.  I built a PTT circuit for the Wouxun that
could be tripped by my parallel port.  I was ready to go.

One problem.

I can't find my Wouxun.

So.  I have a Yaesu VX-2 that's been mostly retired.  Does anyone know of a
fast way to build an interface that Xastir and soundmodem can use to trip
PTT on the Yaesu so I can get on the air this holiday weekend?  We leave
tonight.

Thanks much.

73 DE KC2KOA