[Xastir] Xastir B/T expert?

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 20 10:39:05 EDT 2011

The only followup question I would have is I plug the same exact
3 wire DB9 cable from the Kenwood to a wired USB/serial converter and with the rig, in Packet mode, it runs perfectly both ways.  Transmit command
messaging whatever.

So it might be a problem with the IO Gear GBS 301?

http://www.iogear.com/product/GBS301/

Darn, receive only.  Like I said before. the GBS301 pairs fine with the laptop with the stubby GBU421 dongle and the packets are received and plotted just fine from the D7A(g).  What I have trouble understanding is that same serial to DB9, three wire cable from the Kenwood works both ways with a wired serial to USB converter?

Is the deficiency in the the little dongle?

http://www.iogear.com/product/GBU421/

I have one of those Windows CE GPS units coming that Lynn has mentioned before that is supposed to be B/T capable.  I'll see if it works both ways with the little GBU421 when it comes.  Thanks for all the help.

                               Kurt Savegnago KC9LDH