[Xastir] Area Objects

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Mar 24 00:24:15 EDT 2011

Greetings,

As many of you know, APRSISCE/32 is striving to cover all of the basic
specs of aprs101.pdf and some addenda.  I've recently been working on DF
and DFS objects and am now attempting to address the parsing and
presentation of area objects (Chapter 11).

I've read the Area Object Notes at
http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/areaobjects.txt

Does anyone out there have any sample packets for actual area objects
along with screen shots that show what they're supposed to actually
draw?  I can always craft my own, but that's like asking the kid to
watch the candy store.

If you have actual APRS packets showing valid Area Objects, I'd
appreciate any that you can send me.  You can e-mail them privately to
KJ4ERJ at arrl.net rather than filling the list with samples.