[Xastir] USB to RS-232 issue

Arnold Solomon kc4zua at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 22:00:53 EDT 2011

The problem seems to have a very simple solution- just get the Keyspan adapter back and off you go.

When I coded some of the Keyspan hardware, we made it so that you could plug the adapter into any USB slot and it would have the same address.  Ultimately, it was a forwarding kind of address, but the same forward nonetheless.  Could you imagine what people have to go through if they change USB ports all the time?  Interoperability is great- but at what cost?

Is there a reason you don't want to use the piece of hardware that worked before?  Are you too cheap to pay for a quality solution or...?

Arnold Solomon
KC4ZUA
kc4zua at hotmail.com