[Xastir] OT: Brunton/Silva Navimap Yeoman

Nick nwsnowboarder at frontier.com
Tue May 3 22:15:59 EDT 2011

A bit off topic, but I am cleaning out my attic and taking to the
electronics recycler 30 years worth of computers and electronic gizmos
that are pretty much obsolete.

One of the items I have is a Brunton/Silva Navimap Yeoman.  You could
put a real paper chart in it, geo reference it and then track yourself
on it.  It hooks up to a GPS.  I bought it off ebay and never really got
it to work, though I was a bit of a neophyte back then on how to read
the NMEA input/output from the device.  I have the software and cables
for it.  Got it long before programs like Xastir and laptops were
around/affordable.

Anyone interested in it?

Cheers,

Nick