[Xastir] Sending Packets via xastir_udp_client

Todd Atkins toddatkins at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:08:38 EDT 2011

I'm trying to send some bulletin packets via xastir_udp_client and not
having a lot of success. I'm using:

xastir_udp_client localhost 2023 KN4QD PASS ":BLNC     :test test test test"

I'm using the same call here as in Xastir (no ssid). PASS is the same
password I use to connect to aprs-is. Anyway, when I send this packet, I get
an ACK:

But no bulletin appears nor does anything else seem to have happened. I'm
just looking for the bulletin to appear in the local Xastir bulletin list
for now with the hopes of sending this to rf in the future via some scripts.
Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

System:
Dell M65 with Fedora 13 and the latest Xastir 2.0.1 built from CVS on
5-11-11.

Thanks.

-Todd