[Xastir] Sending Packets via xastir_udp_client

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon May 16 10:26:08 EDT 2011

On Sun, 15 May 2011, Todd Atkins wrote:

> I'm trying to send some bulletin packets via xastir_udp_client and not
> having a lot of success. I'm using:
>
> xastir_udp_client localhost 2023 KN4QD PASS ":BLNC     :test test test test"

Here's an example of one of my test scripts:

   xastir_udp_client localhost 2023 we7u <passcode> -to_rf -to_inet "WE7U>APRS:;tempy    *271046z4800.00N/12200.00W[ 1"

You might do some testing to see whether you need to allow gating in Xastir's global defaults and in each interface's configuration.  I can't recall off-hand whether the UDP code bypasses or respects those settings.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html