[Xastir] Do these packets look right when using xastir_udp_client ?

Todd Atkins toddatkins at gmail.com
Tue May 31 23:46:54 EDT 2011

I'm running a local fill-in (1-1) digi and 2-way Igate here under my
call KN4QD (no SSID). I'm using xastir_udp_client to inject WX info
into the local rf here using:

xastir_udp_client localhost 2023 KN4QD MYPASS -to_rf
"KN4QD-13>APX201,WIDE2-1:@010318z3408.77N/08113.64W_046/000g000t075r000p000P000h90b10197.DsVP"

This *is* getting out and showing up in places like aprs.fi and findu.
It looks like it's getting digipeated by another digi here, but it
shows up on aprs.fi as:
KN4QD-13>APX201,WIDE2-1,qAR,KN4QD:@010315z3408.77N/08113.64W_046/000g000t075r000p000P000h90b10197.DsVP
which seems to indicate I,ve sent my own packet to APRS-IS without
actually hearing it digipeated.

In my local tnc.log file I've got:
KN4QD>APX201,WIDE2-1:}KN4QD-13>APX201,WIDE2-1:@010315z3408.77N/08113.64W_046/000g000t075r000p000P000h90b10197.DsVP

and:
KN4QD>APX201,K4FI-3*,WIDE2*:}KN4QD-13>APX201,WIDE2-1:@010315z3408.77N/08113.64W_046/000g000t075r000p000P000h90b10197.DsVP

Does that look right? The part after the } looks correct but
everything preceding it is a mystery to me as to where it comes from.
In all other respects, Xastir is working as expected; I've had it
gating NWS alerts to RF for at least a year and the Igate and 1-1 digi
works just fine as well.

I'm using Xastir 2.01 built from CVS on Ubuntu 11.04 with a TinyTrak4.

Thanks,
-Todd

P.S. If you go poking around in the raw packets, you'll see where I've
been messing with this. Just ignore the packets from earlier than
0300Z on Jun-1.