[Xastir] My Xastir window sure is pretty!

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:48:04 EST 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:

> What if you go outside?  Maybe you've just got some RFI coming from
> somewhere.

Redmond (most of it anyway) is in a hole.  We have a lot of RF whizzing around the whole Puget Sound area all the time on the APRS frequency, so oftentimes an HT in the urban areas doesn't cut it.

We also have an alternative low-power setup around here, 144.99 I think, which may work better for an HT in Redmond.  The nwaprs.info pages probably talk about it.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Usage Pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/usage.html