[Xastir] MultiLine Footprint ISS Object

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Oct 13 11:42:02 EDT 2011

On 10/13/2011 11:10 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>> It's moving to the right every couple of minutes.  It also seems to
>> only appear at a few zoom levels.  Zoom out too much and it
>> disappears.  I saw it first though at a much higher zoom level.  It's
>> most likely an Xastir drawing problem.
>
> I think that was because it was crossing the 180 degree boundary.
> When I zoom out to world view I see it, but as I zoom in it
> disappears, then appears for a couple of zooms up-close.
>
> Once it's past that boundary I'll bet it displays much better.

I was wondering what would happen in xastir at the Date Line.
APRSISCE/32 flattens the side of the circle that the satellite is on.
I'll be tackling my rendering of the relatively-specified line segments
next.  I had a bug last night that wasn't even generating the offsets
correctly, but that's fixed now, so it's up to our respective renderers
to get it drawn properly.  I'll send you a screen shot when it gets
there next time.

And while you're at it, send any APRS message to "ISS" and it'll send
you back your next pass information.  It works for all of the popular
amateur satellites like "SO-41", "PRISM", "CO-65", "RS-30", and so
forth.  I'm just getting into satellites, so I'm not really familiar
with which ones are actually usable and which aren't.

Now, to persuade Hessu to display the MultiLines at aprs.fi!