[Xastir] No DBFAWK signature for ...

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:50:41 EDT 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Steve Huston wrote:

> I see in the list archives that this issue is mentioned a few places,
> usually with "don't worry about it"; I'm worrying simply because it's
> new, and the only thing to have changed is that my power went out last
> night and the machine was shut down.  I'm wondering if some cache file
> somewhere is corrupted all of a sudden?
>
> No DBFAWK signature for z_04au11.shp!  Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for mz07jl11.shp!  Using default.
>
> Last time I started Xastir - which was only a few days after Irene came
> through and power came back on - this wasn't there.  This morning it was.

Weather alerts weren't going out for a few days last week, so that might have coincided with what you saw.

Other possibilities:

*) Our dbfawk files in CVS may not match the current NWS files.

*) You might not be running the latest Xastir, therefore don't have dbfawk files that match the current NWS files.

*) The NWS has changed their files again and we haven't updated our get-NWSdata" script to correspond.  This doesn't seem to match the error message, but could also be happening.

*) You haven't run that script (as root) to snag the latest NWS Shapefiles.  Again, doesn't seem to match the error message but might be worth doing anyway.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer