[Xastir] No DBFAWK signature for ...

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 6 15:06:09 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 02:53:44PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <huston at srhuston.net> flavor, containing:
> On 9/6/11 12:27 PM, Tom Russo wrote:
> > the nwsz_ddmmyy10b.dbfawk is the one that's closest to what you have, but
> > honestly, the only difference between them is pretty much in that dbfinfo
> > line.  So long as they continue to have fields that are called STATE_ZONE
> > and NAME, that line is all you need to change to fix the problem.
>
> For the record, I did both files:
>
> $ grep ^dbfinfo nwsmzddmmyy_11.dbfawk
> dbfinfo="ID:WFO:GL_WFO:LON:LAT:NAME:AJOIN0:AJOIN1";
> $ grep ^dbfinfo nwsz_ddmmyy_11.dbfawk
> dbfinfo="OBJECTID:STATE:CWA:TIME_ZONE:FE_AREA:ZONE:NAME:STATE_ZONE:LON:LAT:SHORTNAME:Shape_Leng:Shape_Area";
>
> This cleared up all the errors I was seeing.

I figured it might.

I'll try to commit a new version into CVS tonight unless Curt gets to it
before me.

> >> Once I realized that was tcsh syntax, it ran fine :>
> > Well, I run BASH, not tcsh, but yeah, it's shell-specific syntax.
>
> Odd, bash choked on it with "syntax error near unexpected token `&'" but
> using 2>&1 worked fine.

My bad.  There was a typo in what I put in the mail, which was "2|&" instead of
just "|&" (which is shorthand for "2>&1 |" --- I had typed in the command
line in the email differently than what I did on the command line, and
had started to type "2>&1 |", realized there was a short hand, and incorrectly
edited it down to the invalid "2|&".

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey