[Xastir] No DBFAWK signature for ...

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Tue Sep 6 14:53:44 EDT 2011

On 9/6/11 12:27 PM, Tom Russo wrote:
> the nwsz_ddmmyy10b.dbfawk is the one that's closest to what you have, but
> honestly, the only difference between them is pretty much in that dbfinfo
> line.  So long as they continue to have fields that are called STATE_ZONE
> and NAME, that line is all you need to change to fix the problem.

For the record, I did both files:

$ grep ^dbfinfo nwsmzddmmyy_11.dbfawk
dbfinfo="ID:WFO:GL_WFO:LON:LAT:NAME:AJOIN0:AJOIN1";
$ grep ^dbfinfo nwsz_ddmmyy_11.dbfawk
dbfinfo="OBJECTID:STATE:CWA:TIME_ZONE:FE_AREA:ZONE:NAME:STATE_ZONE:LON:LAT:SHORTNAME:Shape_Leng:Shape_Area";

This cleared up all the errors I was seeing.

>> Once I realized that was tcsh syntax, it ran fine :>
> Well, I run BASH, not tcsh, but yeah, it's shell-specific syntax.

Odd, bash choked on it with "syntax error near unexpected token `&'" but
using 2>&1 worked fine.

On 9/6/11 12:26 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Turn off logging of weather alerts and your startup should be faster.
> You might need to also delete the weather logging files in
> ~/.xastir/logs

I didn't realize it would read-in the log and use that to try to pick up
where it last left off; sure enough deleting the log files sped up the
start time to instant.

> I'll try to take a run through the latest NWS files to assure the
> get-NWSdata script and the signatures in our dbfawk files match

As of August 2nd (or maybe 3rd) I had the latest NWS files, and have had
no problems with them other than these two which are now corrected.  If
there's something I can do to help go through that, let me know.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285