[Xastir] No DBFAWK signature for ...

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 6 12:27:20 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 12:19:55PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <huston at srhuston.net> flavor, containing:
> On 9/6/11 12:01 PM, Tom Russo wrote:
> > testdbfawk -D /usr/local/share/xastir/config -d /usr/local/share/xastir/Counties/z_04au11.shp 2|& head -2
>
> 13 Columns,  3640 Records in file
> sig:
> OBJECTID:STATE:CWA:TIME_ZONE:FE_AREA:ZONE:NAME:STATE_ZONE:LON:LAT:SHORTNAME:Shape_Leng:Shape_Area

Yep, that doesn't match any that we have.

Try this:

copy /usr/local/share/xastir/config/nwsz_ddmmyy10b.dbfawk to
/usr/local/share/xastir/config/nwsz_ddmmyy11.dbfawk

Edit your new file, remove what's currently between the quotation marks
after "dbfinfo=" and replace it with what you have above.  Since STATE_ZONE
and NAME still exist, that should be all that is needed to create a new
dbfawk that matches the signature of your new file.

the nwsz_ddmmyy10b.dbfawk is the one that's closest to what you have, but
honestly, the only difference between them is pretty much in that dbfinfo
line.  So long as they continue to have fields that are called STATE_ZONE
and NAME, that line is all you need to change to fix the problem.

> Once I realized that was tcsh syntax, it ran fine :>

Well, I run BASH, not tcsh, but yeah, it's shell-specific syntax.

> (Unrelated: I really wanted to reply to your email linking to the
> Hacker's Dictionary with "YHBT; YHL. HAND.")

:)

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey